Career Path & Selection Services
Matrix delivers a range of projects for the career path of leaders and key individuals. These projects help to maximize the leadership competencies of mid and upper management, core group leaders, and high-potentials. They also contribute directly to achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
We provide the following career development services for executives and leaders:
- Derailment intervention for key individuals (click here to see our white paper)
- Succession Planning for key positions (click here to see our white paper)
- Building leadership bench strength
- Identifying and grooming people within the organization for increasing responsibility
- Retention methods for key contributors/high-potentials
Our advisement, development and self-actualization projects are all data driven. Expert psychological assessment of business personality, individual interviews and 360º performance data are all used to design an action plan for change.
Our career path services focus on developing:
- Top executives, business owners, senior managers and professionals to maximize individual competency
- High-potentials within the organization in preparation for transition to leadership roles
- Key contributors who have prematurely plateaued in their professional development
- Advanced-degree and technical professionals moving into positions of leadership
“… values are the core ingredient (of leadership potential) here (at GE). The people we are putting into leadership slots are those we deem to be terrific role models. That means embracing the values, being able to motivate and energize others, and having that infectious enthusiasm to tap people’s potential and generate the capacity of the organization to accomplish beyond what it otherwise would.” -Jack Welch, Former CEO, GE
The selection, hiring and retention of first-rate talent is key to your organization’s long-term success. When filling leadership and management positions, a good candidate-position match is essential. Conversely, a poor match is often very costly.
Every company knows the costs, in dollars and disruption, of hiring a key executive and having the individual leave after a brief period due to inadequate assessment or inadequate position-candidate matching. Such mismatches create multiple problems that include issues from the position being vacant, resultant operational disconnects and additional search costs necessary.
“Poor hiring shows up not merely in poor decisions but also in poor morale. When the less competent employees reach critical mass, their low performance standards become the de facto standards of the organization. The longer established employees who are well equipped for the job abandon their old high standards and conform to the new, lower ones.” – Frank Schmidt, Ph.D. University of Iowa
Our approach to candidate selection is a data driven and focused one that allows for effective matching of the candidate’s characteristics with the strategic needs of the available position and the organization.
Our selection services:
- Hiring by Design in alignment with strategic objectives (click here to see our white paper)
- Pre-promotion candidate assessments for key positions in the organization
- Pre-employment assessments
- Development of internal hiring strategies that promote optimal utilization of internal human resources, leadership potential and increasing benchstrength for the present and future